June 22, 2011

True Story (1)...The Professor and The Beard


In the days gone by, to keep a beard was a test, especially in civil service. In 1957, I applied for the gazetted post of Medical Officer and had to appear before a panel of interviewers. Alhumdulillah, by the virtue of my MBBS record and the many medals and position of distinction I had been awarded, I was first in order of merit.

However because of my beard being according to Sunnah, I was told; "We need a Medical Officer for this job, not an Imaam of a Mosque." I was refused the job. I tolerated this. This job was given to someone else, and I was made junior and a subordinate to 150 Medical Officers.

Then ALLAH Ta'ala showered HIS bounty upon me by the vrtue of following the Sunnah of HIS beloved Nabi Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam). I attained two more degrees and soon after qualifying as a professor, I became seior incharge of 150 Medical Officers.

Sometimes a person is tested because of practicing a Sunnah of our Nabi Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam), but if we remain steadfast and persevere patiently, ALLAH Ta'ala will definately grant us a better recompense.

May ALLAH Ta'ala endow us all with perfect Imaan and make us ardent followers of the sunnah of HIS most beloved Nabi Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam). Aameen

By Professor, Doctor Noor Ahmad Noor

No comments:

Pages